Varonis DatAdvantage for UNIX/Linux
UNIX and Linux file servers present significant management and protection challenges to administrators:
• Permissions: Determining who has access to a folder, especially with a combination of UNIX and POSIX ACLs, which folders a user or group has access to, and identifying excess, unneeded.
• Access Auditing: IT can’t answer pressing questions like, “Who accessed or deleted my data?”
• Data Ownership: IT can’t reliably identify business owners of shares and folders.
• Operational: Manual permissions and group changes are unreliable.
• High Risk: Stale, excess permissions are rarely revoked. The “Everyone” group is out there—a problem that is hard to find and fix. Critical files and folders are exposed.
THE VARONIS SOLUTION
Varonis DatAdvantage addresses these challenges by aggregating Active Directory user and group details, ACL information and all data access events—without requiring native OS auditing—to build a complete picture of who can and who is accessing data, and who should have their access revoked. It also leads IT to rightful data owners, so the right people can ensure appropriate access and usage. With the Varonis Data Classification framework, IT can immediately identify folders with excessive permissions that contain quantities of sensitive data.